Property Provenance: An iconic property once belonging to Ward Bennett, an inductee in the Hall of Fame of Interior Designers, sited off Accabonac Bay in the village of
Challenge: How to preserve the design aesthetic of Ward Bennett and integrate it with the Asian-Chinese influenced aesthetics of the client.
Problems and Constraints: Poor lighting or lack there of and no major space changes or additions to be made.
- Total redesign of lighting with recessed and wall fixtures.
- Redesigned two rooms with tatami floors and shoji panel walls.
- Redesigned second bath with hinoki (Japanese Cedar) soaking tub and bi-level pebble mosaic and wood floors.
- Selecting the appropriate light fixtures, Asian furnishings, window treatment, floor coverings and art pieces.
Custom Designs for this project:
- Rough edge black granite sink counter and separation wall.
- Shoji style built in cabinet for flat screen tv and shelves for art objects.
Legacy Element: Tribute wall with framed costume design work of Ward Bennett. Ward Bennett had a strong Japanese aesthetic in the house. Hence Japanese design
elements were used.